From:
Victor Fazio <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Victor Fazio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Apr 2007 09:46:43 -0700
Yesterday, Julie West led a walk about the Lower Lake
  of the Shaker Lakes (Cuyahoga Co.). There was little
  bird activity for the date, but 57 species were tallied.
  Highlights included ...

  Common Loon - 1
  Bufflehead - 2
  Double-crested Cormorant - 7 (moving overhead)
  Great Blue Heron - 11 (10 high overhead)
  Bonaparte's Gull - 3
  Belted Kingfisher - 4 (also high-flying migrants)
  Chimney Swift - 23
  Tree Swallow - 6
  Northern Rough-winged Swallow - 6
  Barn Swallow - 4
  Golden-crowned Kinglet - 2
  Ruby-crowned Kinglet - 47
  Hermit Thrush - 1
  Yellow-rumped Warbler - 18
  Black-throated Green Warbler - 3
  Palm Warbler - 2
  Pine Warbler - 1
  Vesper Sparrow - 1
  Dark-eyed Junco - 3

  wrens were conspicuously absent

  and today, walking back from my local
  mechanic on Chagrin Blvd after dropping
  off the car, I had a pair of mockingbirds
  at the Chagrin entrance of the Sunrise
  Senior Living residence at the corner of Lee
  & Chagrin.

  These are my first Shaker mockingbirds,
  although I had one visiting Gary Meszaros
  just down the road in Beachwood in Oct 2001.

  cheers

  Vic Fazio
  Shaker Heights, OH