From:
Philip Chaon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Philip Chaon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Apr 2007 16:46:12 -0700
Hi all,

       Had about an hour after school today to bird around Shaker Lakes, mostly Lower Lake and Boardwalk areas. By the time I got there winds had picked up and it was begining to rain but there was still a pretty nice showing of birds.

       Most numerous birds were Ruby-crowned Kinglets, probably 65-70 birds around in the area I walked. The pine stand on the quiet side of the lake (not the side that borders north park) was probably the most interesting area. Best bird's in the pines were 4 Red-breasted Nuthatches. Also in the pines were about 12 Golden-crowned Kinglets still hanging around as well as 3 Pine Warblers and 2 Yellow-bellied Sapsuckers.

    Boardwalk had a few nice birds. A Brown Thrasher was very vocal, as were about 40 Chimney Swifts that flew over. There were a handful of Swamp Sparrows, a Hermit Thrush, a Northern Waterthrush and about 20 Northern Rough-winged Swallows.
  Overall not a bad little run, nice to see migration finally reaching northern Ohio.

  Good Birding,

  Phil Chaon