From:
Kely Mertz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kely Mertz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Apr 2007 10:16:46 -0400
Yesterday was horribly windy, so (embarrassingly) I stayed in the car to
block wind and be able to hear calls.  As a result, these birds were all
observed from the parking lots of the Wood Duck Picnic Area (numbers
provided where I thought to count):

bufflehead
pied billed grebes
canada goose
mallards
northern shoveler (many)
blue winged teal (several pair)
GREEN HERON (1)
**swans (3) (want to say, based on size, these were trumpeters but no
scope-would love to hear if someone gets out and verifies the ID of these
guys)
osprey
brown thrasher
gray catbird