From:
John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Apr 2007 15:26:58 -0700
After finding some new arrivals in our Rocky River backyard this morning, including a Hermit Thrush, a female Eastern Towhee, White-crowned Sparrow, and about ten White-throated Sparrows, Ann and I decided to check out Elmwood Park.  From 11:45 AM till 1:15 PM we turned up the following species:

  Cooper's Hawk
  Red-tailed Hawk
  Chimney Swift
Belted Kingfisher
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Downy Woodpecker
Northern Flicker
Eastern Phoebe
Black-capped Chickadee
Tufted Titmouse
Brown Creeper
Carolina Wren
Ruby-crowned Kinglet     many
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher
  Hermit Thrush
Orange-crowned Warbler
  Nashville Warbler
Palm Warbler
Common Yellowthroat
Eastern Towhee
Chipping Sparrow
White-throated Sparrow   many
White-crowned Sparrow
American Goldfinch

  Surprisingly, didn't see any Yellow-rumped Warblers.

  On April 21 our last Fox Sparrow departed our backyard. From March 22 till then, except for 2 days, we had one in our yard, making it our best Fox Sparrow year ever!  Started out on 3/22 with three, reaching a high of 5 individuals on 3/26 which hung around for a number of days.

  John and Ann Edwards
  Rocky River
  Cuyahoga County