From:
Patricia Guenther <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Patricia Guenther <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Apr 2007 05:18:29 -0700
Saw a common yellow throated warbler in front of the shrubs by my front porch while looking out of my window at 6:45 this am.  At first I thought it was a wren the way it flew into the shrubs, but when it hopped out I clearly saw its famous black mask.  I was shocked!  I've had warblers in my trees in May before, but this is the first time I've had a common yellow throat and this is the earliest I've seen warblers in my yard.  What a great morning!

  When I looked out my kitchen window to my back yard I had 2 white-crowned sparrows and a chipping sparrow at my ground feeder.  I'm going to get up early on weekends more often!

  Also checked my RS hawk nest yesterday around 5pm (while bringing my puppy home from getting spayed, poor baby!) and the female was still on the nest.  I was worried after all the high winds we've been having.

  Spring is really getting exciting!

  Trish
  Youngstown