Date:
Sun, 29 Apr 2007 12:11:57 -0400
Saturday,  the Wilderness Center  Birding Club of Wilmot led by Sue Evanoff birded some sections of Salt Fork. Some , but not all of the birds sseen and heard follow.
Dble-crested cormorants, a flyover flock
Killdeer
Willet, a lone bird on the dock
Great egret
T.V's many
Black vulture, 2 on I 77 as we left for home
Osprey, a nesting pair
Caspian terns, flock flying over lake
Chimney swifts
Ruby thr. hummer
White eyed vireo, several
Tree and Barn swallows
Blue gray gnatcatchers, many
Pileated wdpkr.
House wren
Woodthrush, many calling, 1 seen well
Catbirds
Mockingbirds
Brown thrashers
Blue winged warblers,many calling and 1 seen well
Yellow warblers, many
Yellow rumped warblers
Prairie warblers
Kentucky warbler
Common Yellowthroat, good looks
Y.B. Chat
Scarlet tanagers, always a pleasure
E. Towhees, all over the place
Field Sparrows, singing
As we left the park, we briefly birded Rocky Fork Rd., saw more of the same plus as American Redstart.
Regards, submitted by Winnie Sarno