Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2007 13:21:50 -0400
 Hello all,
     I met up w/ Andy Newman up at the Kokosing Gap bike path near the BFEC (Brown Fam. Enviro. Cent.) and we had a good day along that in the morning. First Great Crested Flycatcher of theseason. WE also walked the BFEC property that is off of 229 across the road from the center and had some great looks at a Worm-eating Warbler that I heard and then we found. Next was a Hooded Warbler, then in the perched grassy wetland we had a SEDGE WREN, that was awesome, again I heard it calling first, he was as bit shy but came out a little, plenty good enough to see, not sure if we got a photo or not.
Highlight List:

Worm-eating Warbler - 1 singing male
N. Parula - 10 good views and lots singing
Louisianna Waterthrush - along a wetland seep besid the trail.
Yellow-throated Warbler - 10Cerulean Warbler - 2 or 3 heard and glimpsed in the treetops along the trail.
Common Yellowthroat- 3
Black and White Warbler - 3
Yellow Warbler - 10
Hooded Warbler - 1
Warbling Vireo - 2
White-eyed Vireo - 3 very fiesty
Yellow-throated Vireo - 4 great looks
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher - a pair chased our hooded warbler!
Rose-breasted Grossbeak - 10 males and females
Indigo Bunting - 1 male
White Throated Sparrows
Swamp Sparrow - 10+
Field Sparrows
E. Towhees
Great-Crested Flycatcher - 1
E. Phoebe = 2
Sedge Wren - 1 singing
Kingfisher
Red-tailed Hawk
Brown Thrasher - 2
Gray Catbird - 4
Wood-thrush - 3 singing along trial
Robins on nest.
E. BlueBirds - 5
Baltimore Oriole - 6
Pileated WOodpeckers - 2 great looks at a pair along the biketrail
Downy Woodpeckers
Red-bellied Wo.
N. Flicker

 A pretty cool day of birding so far. And it ain't over yet!
           Good birding,
 Ben Warner