Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2007 14:24:09 EDT
This morning I checked Mudhen Marsh at the preserve for the arrival of
Prothonotary Warblers. My nest boxes in this area are scattered along the shore  on
the north side of Big Walnut Road. The morning produced 10 singing males,
several of which were observed bringing materials to construct dummy nests in
both nest boxes and natural cavities. While checking the nest box trail I
watched for other arrivals on the north side, then went to the south side of Big
Walnut and checked for activity there. Birds of interest observed this morning
 included:

Wood Duck    (12)
Blue-winged Teal    (6)
Northern Shoveler    (2)