Date:
Sat, 7 Apr 2007 09:56:03 EDT
Hi, all.

Working on an ID problem with an aberrant sparrow at my feeding station.
We're in the woods, but surrounded by fields on all four sides.

The sparrow is bigger than Song, paler, and has an obvious eye ring (as
obvious as one sees with Field Sparrow, giving it a wide-eyed appearance).

The streaking is pronounced, and only on the upper half of the breast.  I'm
still working on finding the chestnut shoulder patch or white outer tail
feathers (it's a little shy, but not too bad.)

I have a photo album (made on AOL) that I can send if anyone is interested.
I've already sent it to names I could remember....

I appreciate any help, and will see if I can put some shots up on the
OhioBirds forum.

Scott Hannan
Wooster