From:
Steve Cagan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Cagan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 May 2007 20:57:32 -0400
Hi Everyone

On Sunday, we traveled out to Crane Creek, the Magee Marsh trails and
Metzger Marsh. Not really terrific (not exactly bad, though; we had over 60
species. The highlights were Ovenbird, Northern Waterthrush, Eastern
Screech-owl, Cape May Warbler and Woodcock (2) at Crane Creek; Eastern
Kingbird at Magee; and at Metzger several Black-bellied Plovers, one Snowy
Egret among the dozens of Great Egrets, a small flock of American pipits,
and LOTS of Dunlin, Green-winged Teal, Northern Shoveler, Gadwall, Pectoral
Sandpiper and both Yellowlegs; Horned Lark on Krause Road; Blue-Winged Teal
in the water visible from the Stange Rd observation deck).

The today, when we saw the terrific posts about what arrived at Crane Creek
and Magee overnight, we decided to go over to Shaker Lakes to see if there
was a similar fall-out. Not much; the only birds there new to us this year
were a Wilsonıs Warbler and  Veery. They both gave us very good, long looks.

Best wishes,

Steve Cagan
Cleveland Hts

-----