From:
Paul Haskins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Haskins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2007 20:02:55 -0400
With all the comment on RB Grosbeaks this year. I'll add this ti the kettle.

I've had 2-3 males and 1 female for at least 2 weeks at a sunflower
feeder  - today add a m Indigo Bunting to the feeder.

I've been at this Zanesville location for 3 years and both are first
timers to the yard.

The one food that is severely lacking this spring is maple seeds.  I
have 4 in my yard, plus all the neighbors adjoining yards are full of
various species. None produced any seed after the freeze, in fact the
buds or partial seeds fell in clumps.

I don't know if either species eat them, but I'd sure think so.

 I have a very high number of squirrels in this area and they feed on
them every spring, I feed them as well and the numbers this spring at
the feeders are very very high.