From:
Margaret Bowman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Margaret Bowman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2007 16:52:59 -0400
For a complete list of all the April birds I found in Licking Co., please
see:

http://www.ohiobirds.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=234

So far in May, I have 5 warbler species:

Common yellowthroat

Yellow-throated warbler - gathering nesting material! At Black Hand Gorge

Nashville warbler

Yellow warbler

Northern parula

However, yesterday evening's bird du jour had to be Baltimore orioles.
These must have been in transit, because they were THICK!  Three in one
tree, even.  I believe I saw 11 all together in a 1-mile stretch at the
western end of the paved Black Hand Gorge bike trail.  The only "new" bird
not seen in April was a red-eyed vireo.  One of the adult bald eagles was
perched in a huge sycamore tree along the river in the same general area
where I have seen them before.  A year or more ago, it would have "spooked"
and flown off when it saw someone approaching on the trail.  Now, it has
become very comfortable with people and bicyclists on the trail.

Margaret Bowman

Licking Co., OH