From:
"Angela P." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Angela P.
Date:
Fri, 18 May 2007 17:30:11 -0400
I posted a while back about things seen at Three Creeks, Confluence Trails
area, I was down there today, didn't do an offical spot-map, but there were
several things, most notably fewer warblers... and I can't find that Hooded
Merganser with young again...

Anyway, limiting it to the most interesting things around the Bluebell Trail
and general pond/park area (our study area):

Veery
Swainson's Thrush
Wood Thrush
all three singing at the same time at one point, pretty cool..

Wood Ducks were here today

Warblers:
Chestnut-sided
Black and White
Yellow
Yellow-throated
Northern Parula
Prothonotary

Vireos:
Red-eyed... where was the Yellow Throated... hmm...

Acadian Flycatcher
Our second study species is now here, at least three, poss. four territories
around Bluebell trail. Spotted one female gathering nesting material across
the creek.

Northern Cardinal
Territories were doing pretty good today, one cardinal has two Cardinal
nestlings and one Brown-headed Cowbird.. this nest has an incredible 6
eggs... for some reason we thought they were all Cardinal eggs, but
apparently at least one wasn't... hmm... I wonder if the rest of the eggs
won't hatch

Scarlet Tanagers
still plenty of them

That's about all that come to mind right now

Angela Petersen