Date:
Sun, 20 May 2007 10:24:21 EDT
Yesterday, 5/19/2007, we birded the Brush Creek area, primarily Dry Fork
Road, in Scioto County yesterday in the morning. In the afternoon we went to
Adams County (Hamilton Road, Abner Hollow, Brush Creek Road). Since we had been
out 14 hours already, we did not stay for the goatsuckers.
Scioto County, Dry Fork Road
All singing males:
8  Kentucky Warblers
2  Louisiana Waterthrushes
25 Ovenbirds
3 Hooded Warblers
1 Yellow-throated Warbler
1 Common Yellowthroat
1 Worm-eating Warbler
3 Wood Thrushes
2 Scarlet Tanager
1 Blue-headed Vireo
5 Red-eyed Vireo( many more were quiet and most were feeding low)
10 Indigo Bunting ( in the woods)
2 Yellow-breasted Chats (before entering Brush Creek Forest)
1 Yellow Warbler (before entering the forest)
3 Swainson's Thrushes ("dripping")
G Crested Flycatcher
Adams County
Hamilton Road: