From:
Larry Gara <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Larry Gara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 May 2007 13:02:26 -0400
The GLOSSY IBIS reported by Frank Frick last Friday on the Cincinnatti bird list was still at Spring Valley this AM, feeding furiously and including a frog in its diet. It was seen by Rick Asamoto, Andy Bess and me along with some other birders. After watching it for about an hour it flew and probably landed closer to the boardwalk. We saw it by walking on the trail to the left of the parking lot and scoping the water on the edge of the first line of trees. It covered much of the territory around there. It had not been relocated when I left around noon but it did not seem to fly high enough for a real exit. It is an adult bird and a great find when there are so few other migrants. Other birds seen or heard were Spotted Sandpiper, Green Heron and the two resident? Sandhill Cranes.

Happy Birder Cheers,  Larry Gara, Wilmington