From:
Matt Vosniak <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matt Vosniak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 May 2007 20:55:38 -0400
Hey all Ohio Bird Folks,

This morning after church I took a cruise down to the Lorain Harbor area
just to check out a spot where I have been seeing some shorebirds.  I got
there this morning just before 10 am and spotted a good variety of
shorebirds feeding in this rocky shallow depression.  I saw some Least
Sandpipers, Greater Yellowlegs, Lesser Yellowlegs, Dunlin, Semipalmated
Plover (last week), and Killdeer. Just as I was going to leave I started to
turn the car around and I saw a little bird fly out and land in front of my
car.  I got out and saw another bird fly away but the first bird stayed
put.  At first I thought they were sparrows than I noticed the long pointy
beaks and yellowish streaked breast and realized they were Pipits.  They
were lifers for me.  Exciting!!!  I went back this afternoon with my camera
to try and get some photos.  I got some photos and will post a shot at
Rarebird if anyone would like to see in the Northeast Ohio forum.  If
anyone like better directions to their exact location email off list and
I'll get back to you.  Thanks and good birding.

Matt Vosniak