Date:
Tue, 22 May 2007 15:54:46 EDT
There were so many Mourning Warblers along Zimmerman Trail this morning
(Tuesday) that I almost want to say that they were the most numerous warbler
species, though I guess that would be a bit of an exaggeration.   Still, at least
six were seen.  I had two bathing in the puddle at the  bottom of the brook
midway along the trail, and they even returned several times  for another rinse!
 The Connecticut that was heard singing incessantly but  not seen yesterday
(Monday) was neither seen nor heard today.  An Alder  Flycatcher was heard and
possibly seen - wish it had been heard WHEN it was  seen.  Other notable birds
along the trail (not seen by me) were a female  Kentucky Warbler and both
species of cuckoo.  A Rose-breasted Grosbeak is  constructing a nest at the top
of the hill just east of the beginning of the  trail.

Other warbler species: Yellow, Common Yellowthroat, Yellow-rumped,  Ovenbird,
Northern Waterthrush, American Redstart, Canada, Wilson's, Magnolia,  Black
and White, Black-throated Green, Black-throated Blue, Northern Parula,
Chestnut-sided, Bay-breasted, Palm, Tennessee.  Yesterday there were also
Orange-crowned, Hooded, Blackburnian, Blackpoll and Cape May.  This  may not be a
complete list.

SWagner