Date:
Thu, 24 May 2007 13:51:38 -0400
  Went with Jen Sauter, and Jim McCormac as well as some other folks to
Tri-valley Wildlife area near Dresden in Muskingum Co. Yesterday
morning. A great day of birding to be sure, things were pretty hopping
there. Of special note we found a Blue Grossbeak Pair (1 male 1 fem)
along the very same spot they were last summer on Maddison-Hall rd. I
think it is. Also in that same spot were two territorial SEDGE WRENS
singing oppositionally on either side of the road. This is the same
spot I observed them last year on July 25th, but they are not quite in
their "safe-date" yet. Also of special note was an ALDER FLYCATCHER we
saw and more importantly, heard, in a patch of wet habitat. Other
notables listed below:

Broad-winged Hawk
Chimney Swift
Ruby-throated Hummingbird
Eastern Wood-Pewee
Acadian Flycatcher
Alder Flycatcher (Great find, rare in migration, but not breeding at
Tri-Valley)
Willow Flycatcher
Eastern Kingbird
White-eyed Vireo
Yellow-throated Vireo
Red-eyed Vireo
Northern Rough-winged Swallow
Barn Swallow
House Wren
Sedge Wren (Great find, very rare breeder in this part of Ohio and
never common anywhere in Ohio. Listed as a Species of Concern in Ohio)
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher
Wood Thrush
Blue-winged Warbler
Yellow Warbler
Yellow-throated Warbler
Prairie Warbler - many seen and heard
Blackpoll Warbler (migrants still passing through)
Cerulean Warbler - can be found in the wooded patches of habitat
Black-and-white Warbler
American Redstart
Worm-eating Warbler
Ovenbird
Kentucky Warbler
Common Yellowthroat
Hooded Warbler
Yellow-breasted Chat
Scarlet Tanager
Rose-breasted Grosbeak
Blue Grosbeak (another great find; these are rare to uncommon at best
in Ohio)
Indigo Bunting
Henslow's Sparrow – very numerous along many of the roads
Grasshopper Sparrow – even more than Henslows
Savannah Sparrow
Swamp Sparrow - found in many of the cattailed areas
all 3 mimids
Orchard Oriole - dime a dozen as Jim said, they were everywhere
Baltimore Oriole - many
Pileated Woodpecker
Downy Woodpecker
Red-bellied Wo.
Cedar Waxwings - many around everywhere we stopped it seemed, I've been
seeing these at home in Del.Co as well and at The BFEC when surveying
today, and here I thought I might miss these guys this spring.

      Happy birding everyone, sorry I can't be more specific with roads
we traveled there, but I just don't know them very well, and don't have
the time to look them up at the moment!
 Good Birding,
     - Ben Warner