From:
Ruth Richards <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ruth Richards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 May 2007 16:16:26 -0700
Today I birded Greenlawn ("G") from 7:30-10;
Pickerington Ponds ("P") from 10:30-12:15; and Slate
Run Metro Park ("S")(all areas including wetlands)
from 12:45-3:30.  This time I'll list all species seen
at each place instead of just additional species at
the second and third stops.

Canada Goose - G,P,S
Wood Duck - P
Mallard - G,P
Blue-winged Teal - P
Great Blue Heron - P,S
Turkey Vulture - P,S
Osprey - P (nesting)
Killdeer - P
Mourning Dove - G,P
Ruby-throated Hummingbird - S
Belted Kingfisher - P
Red-bellied Woodpecker - G
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker - G
Northern Flicker - G,S
Eastern Wood-Pewee - P
Acadian Flycatcher - G
Willow Flycatcher - S
Eastern Phoebe - G,S
Great Crested Flycatcher - G,S
Eastern Kingbird - P,S
White-eyed Vireo - S
Warbling Vireo - P
Blue Jay - G,S
American Crow - P,S
Tree Swallow - P,S
Barn Swallow - P,S
Carolina Chickadee - G,S
Carolina Wren - S
House Wren - G
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher - S
Eastern Bluebird - G,S
Swainson's Thrush - G
American Robin - G,P,S
Gray Catbird - G,P,S
Northern Mockingbird - G
Brown Thrasher - S
European Starling - G,P,S
Cedar Waxwing - P,S
Yellow Warbler - P
Chipping Sparrow - G,S
Song Sparrow - P,S
Northern Cardinal - G,P,S
Indigo Bunting - S
Red-winged Blackbird - P,S
Eastern Meadowlark - S
Common Grackle - G,P,S
Brown-headed Cowbird - G,P,S
Orchard Oriole - P
Baltimore Oriole - G,P
House Finch - G
American Goldfinch - G,P,S
House Sparrow - P,S

I heard Common Yellowthroat and Field Sparrow at
several stops but could never get a glimpse.  I also
saw quite a few groundhogs at Greenlawn and a muskrat
at Slate Run, as well as all the farm animals, which I
thoroughly enjoyed.