From:
Ruth Richards <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ruth Richards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2007 16:50:59 -0700
These are the birds I saw today from noon to 6:30pm.
Caps indicate first sighting for me this spring.

Great Blue Heron
Green Heron
Turkey Vulture
Canada Goose
Mallard
Cooper's Hawk
Rock Dove
Mourning Dove
BLACK-BILLED CUCKOO - 1 at bridge
Chimney Swift
Belted Kingfisher
Red-headed Woodpecker
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Downy Woodpecker
Hairy Woodpecker
Northern Flicker
Eastern Wood-Pewee
LEAST FLYCATCHER - 1 at bridge
Eastern Phoebe
GREAT CRESTED FLYCATCHER - 1 at bridge
Blue-headed Vireo
Warbling Vireo
RED-EYED VIREO - 1 near pond
Blue Jay
Tree Swallow
Carolina Chickadee
White-breasted Nuthatch
Winter Wren
Ruby-crowned Kinglet
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher
Eastern Bluebird - 1M,2F near Visitor Center
VEERY - 1 near pond
Swainson's Thrush - 1 at bridge
Hermit Thrush - lots
American Robin
Gray Catbird - 4
Northern Mockingbird
Brown Thrasher
European Starling
Nashville Warbler - lots
Yellow Warbler - 1 at pond
CAPE MAY WARBLER - 1 behind VC
BLACK-THROATED BLUE WARBLER - 1 behind VC
Yellow-rumped Warbler - lots
BLACKBURNIAN WARBLER - 3 various spots
Pine Warbler
CERULEAN WARBLER - 2 behind VC
SUMMER TANAGER - 3 various spots
Chipping Sparrow
Song Sparrow
White-throated Sparrow
White-crowned Sparrow - 8 various spots
Dark-eyed Junco - only 1
Northern Cardinal
Rose-breasted Grosbeak - 3M,1F around pond/feeders
Common Grackle
Brown-headed Cowbird
Baltimore Oriole - 7
House Finch
American Goldfinch

The tall trees behind and to the east of the Visitor
Center were filled with warblers and vireos when I
left at 6:30.  I'm sure there were a lot more than my
tired eyes could identify.