From:
Bob Powell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Powell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 May 2007 21:08:55 -0500
Lotus Cove at Cowan Lake continues to improve.  (OOS web page
here<http://www.ohiobirds.org/birdingsites/showsite.php?Site_ID=48>,
interactive map
here<http://local.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=104411027825639848188.00000112446c0b9e1a50e&z=14&om=1>)
 This morning, I found the following shorebirds

 1  Greater Yellowlegs
13 Lesser Yellowlegs
  4 Solitary Sandpiper
  4 Spotted Sandpiper
  4 Least Sandpiper
  2 White-rumped Sandpiper
  4 Pectoral Sandpiper

In addition, there were six Great Egrets in the east end and 69 Ring-billed
Gulls at the beach, only two of which were adults.

The water at the Mound Road access point at Caesar Creek was even higher.
 There was another Great Egret there.  The Osprey nest was occupied.

Larry Gara checked out Cowan in the late afternoon.  He did not find the
white-rumps, but he did add a Semipalmated Plover.  At the spillway, which
was barren in the morning, he found a killdeer and nine Spotted Sandpipers.

Cheers,

Bob

--
Robert D Powell