From:
Jay Stenger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jay Stenger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 May 2007 15:23:27 -0400
I am posting the following report on behalf of my son, Jack Stenger.
_____________________________________

I spent this morning birding Delaware State Park, Delaware
Wildlife Area, and surrounding roads. Delaware SP is located
4 miles north of Delaware, OH in Delaware County.

There was a lot of warbler activity, but not much diversity.
Best birds were 5 male BOBOLINKS setting up territory in Area
G of Delaware WA. There was also one singing GRASSHOPPER
SPARROW, along with a Vesper Sparrow on Dildine Rd west of
its intersection with 203.

Some of the birds observed:

13 Double-crested Cormorant
5  Great Egret
2  Osprey (at Leonardsburg Rd nest)
2  Bald Eagle
1  American Kestrel
10 Killdeer (5 fledglings)
2  Greater Yellowlegs
7  Lesser Yellowlegs
4  Solitary Sandpipers
1  Spotted Sandpiper
2+ Red-headed Woodpeckers
2  Eastern Phoebe
1  Great-crested Flycatcher
8  Eastern Kingbird
11 White-eyed Vireo
2  Yellow-throated Vireo
1  Blue-headed Vireo
5  Red-eyed Vireo
9  Warbling Vireo
5  Horned Lark
25 Purple Martin
1  MARSH WREN (present in Delaware WA on 4/31)
1  Ruby-crowned Kinglet
15 Blue-gray Gnatcatcher
7  Wood Thrush
7  Blue-winged Warbler
1  Tennessee Warbler
19 Nashville Warbler
30+Yellow Warbler
12 Yellow-rumped Warbler
9  Black-throated Green  Warbler
2  Palm Warbler
2  Black-and-white Warbler
1  Prothonotary Warbler
6  Common Yellowthroat
1  Scarlet Tanager
2  Vesper Sparrows (fields outside of WA)
5  Savannah Sparrow
1  GRASSHOPPER SPARROW (west of Delaware State Park on
Dildine Rd, west of 203)
1  Rose-breasted Grosbeak
1  Indigo Bunting
5  BOBOLINK (all males on territory - north unit of Delaware
WA)
2  Orchard Oriole
10 Baltimore Oriole

Jack Stenger