From:
John Pogacnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Pogacnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 May 2007 21:36:48 -0400
There are still birds moving on the lake.  Since the winds were bringing too
many songbird migrants I decided to watch the lake a bit while watching the
few songbirds moving.  The best bird was a 1st/2nd year GLAUCOUS GULL.
Other than that, the rest of the birds seen were the expected species.

Dominant songbirds moving were American goldfinches and blue jays.  I was
getting 50-100 goldfinches at my feeders throughout the day.  Also of
interest at the feeders was a female Cape May warbler.  It was seen several
times feeding on cracked corn.  I now have about 15 Baltimore and at least 3
orchard orioles and about 6 purple finches.

Location- Lakeshore Reservation, North Perry, Lake County
Date- May 5, 2007, Time- 6:30-8:30
Weather- Partly cloudy, Winds- ESE 5-10 to NE 10-15
Temperature- 46-50 F, Barometer- 30.12-30.13
Humidity- 68-72, Dew point- 36-41
Waves- 2-3  Flight direction- west

Canada Goose   2
Wood duck   2