From:
M & D Dunakin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
M & D Dunakin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 May 2007 00:33:14 -0500
Greetings from the Swamp,

Micki and I had originally planned to go to Lake Erie today with our Audubon chapter, but had to stay home and deal with a problem mower that has plagued us for weeks  As a consequence, Micki found herself in the midst of a fallout of warblers in our little woods.  Within the space of a half hour, she had found 14 species, including six that we hadn't seen yet this Spring.  The low skies and threat of rain kept the birds low in the tress and made for excellent looks at many of the birds.

The list included:

Magnolia
Cape May
Cerulean (a rare one in these parts)
Tennessee
Black-throated Blue
N. Parula
Ovenbird
Yellow-rumped
Yellow
Palm
Nashville
Black-throated Green
Blackburnian
Black and White

Sometimes a problem can be a blessing in disguise.  After days and days of little or no activity, today proved to be quite a welcome change.  Let's hope that the rest of the weekend is as productive.

Bird long and prosper,
Doug & Micki Dunakin
Antwerp, O.