From:
Doreene Linzell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Doreene Linzell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 May 2007 09:52:29 -0400
Yesterday (Sunday, May 6) I birded Battelle-Darby Metro Park in the
Columbus area for the first. I had some expert advice where to bird
and so I did the Ancient Trail. My, what a difference a day makes! I
had such a great morning the day before at Blendon Woods. But, I'm
thinking that the winds of the night before helped the birds head
north. Also, this is a very large park and it could just be that the
birds are more scattered. I birded from 8-11. Here are the
highlights. Now, I don't bird by ear except for a few birds about
which I'm very sure.

Pileated Woodpecker
Eastern Kingbirds
White-eyed Vireo
Red-eyed Vireo
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher
Wood Thrush (where are all of the other thrushes???)
Gray Catbird
Warblers:
        Nashville (few)
        Northern Parula (one heard from across the river)
        Chestnut-sided (one)
        Magnolia (few)
        Black-throated Blue (one)
        Yellow-rumped (one)