OHIO-BIRDS Archives

June 2007

From:
Jill Bowers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jill Bowers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2007 14:56:50 -0400
Hi All,
Though my impression/opinion is NOT based on anything even close to
"scientific" I have this though.
My husband and I returned to Florida this Jan/Feb having been there in 2006
also. We were both surprised at the CHANGES. There were many less birds this
year compared to last! Although the number of species was not too different,
the numbers were certainly down.
Even the numbers of Canada Geese encountered in our annual "goose roundup"
at Mercer Wildlife Area in western Ohio were down.
 Hopefully, this is just one of those "low point of a natural cycle" that
Bill Whan referred to.

Just a thought from a very UNscientific point of view.

We MUST begin to protect our little friends!!

Jill Bowers