OHIO-BIRDS Archives

June 2007

From:
Sherri Hamm <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sherri Hamm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2007 18:16:34 -0400
I was at Seiberling Nature Realm again today.  I got there at 0930.  Walked the cherry trail this time.

Found the COOPER'S HAWK nest.  It's in the weeping collection above the treless on the right.

Saw a pair of BLUEBIRDS in the woods between the suspension bridge and the clearing.  Didn't find their nest

Saw a PILEATED WOODPECKER (male) over on the seneca trail.  On a tall tree above the patch of elephant ear plants.  Tiny bridge right there too.

My WOOD THRUSH nest was completely empty.  Not sure what happened there.  Surely in one week those little hatchlings could not be big enough to fly out of the nest.

SCARLET TANAGER (male) with a bug in his beak.  He carried it limb to limb for a while.  Lost him before I could find his nest.  I saw him near the tree dial on seneca path.

Sherri Hamm
Akron