OHIO-BIRDS Archives

June 2007

From:
troy shively <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
troy shively <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Jun 2007 13:29:18 -0400
Hello all,
Today I did some atlasing around Lake Loramie state park and Grand Lake St. Marys. Yesterday I birded Logan and Auglaize county.  Here are the highlights for both days:

Lake Loramie
Prothonatory Warbler - at least 10 birds at scattered locations along the lake(both north and south shores).
PILEATED WOODPECKER - pair at south side of the lake
BLACK AND WHITE WARBLER one female(late migrant?)
Redstart - at least three locations on both north and south sides.
Yellow-throated warbler - Northeast corner of the lake where it turns into a river.
SUMMER TANAGER - Same location as the YT warbler
Red-headed woodpecker - multiple locations
Dickcissel - A few in the fields on the south side of the lake.
Rose-Breasted Grosbeak - 2-3 birds scattered around

Grand Lake St. Marys:
Beach at the state park:
2 Bonapartes gulls
3 Foresters Terns
~75 Ring-Billed Gulls
1 Herring gull

Yesterday:
Auglaize river near Buckland:
Bank Swallow Colony - at National gravel pit
Yellowthroated warbler - a couple birds along the river
Northern Parula Warblers- 4 at scattered locations between Buckland and Ft. Amanda
Dickcissel - multiple locations
Redstart - two locations near Ft. Amanda

Logan County along the Miami river near Indian Lake High school:
American Redstart
Prothonatory Warbler
Yellow-throated warbler
Red-Headed woodpecker
Dickcissels multiple locations

If anyone wants more detailed directions email me or give me a call at 937-935-9023.
Summer Cheers,
Troy Shively