OHIO-BIRDS Archives

June 2007

From:
Margaret Bowman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Margaret Bowman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jun 2007 07:01:28 -0400
Gene made a good point with reference to Bill Whan's post.  However, some
owners, and this one in particular, value their privacy.  He is somewhat
reluctant even to let anyone onto the property to look for a nest, which we
have good reason to believe exists.

Brad Sparks posted a request for volunteers for this blockbusting weekend
several weeks ago.  He got exactly 10 warm bodies - including himself - to
help survey an enormous amount of territory.  I'm not sure 100 volunteers
could have done justice to the amount of territory we needed to cover.  We
had a wonderful weekend.  Fantastic birding, incredibly diverse habitats,
excellent companions, three lifebirds.   Elizabeth and I were just lucky to
have been assigned the blocks we got, and to have chosen to drive down the
exact road at exactly the right time of day, to see four yellow crowned
night herons.   I guess my point is, it could have been YOU.

If you haven't signed up to do at least one block for the OBBA II, please
consider doing it.  I signed up for seven blocks as soon as I got home from
this incredible weekend.

Margaret Bowman

Licking Co., OH