OHIO-BIRDS Archives

July 2007

Date:
Mon, 30 Jul 2007 10:51:08 EDT
This morning I got an early start to try to beat the heat and humidity. It
was mostly a work session to collect my marker ribbons from the Prothonotary
Warbler nesting season. The conditions became intolerable quickly (in the old
days I wouldn't care, but ever since I joined the zipper club 7 years ago my
cardiologist has given me a new set of rules. Why tempt fate?) I was out  only
an hour and a half. I worked the peninsulas on the north side of Big Walnut
Road across from the Mudhen Marsh parking lot. It seems every little cove had
mudflats and shorebirds. Shorebird species present this morning include:

Killdeer
Semipalmated Plover
Greater Yellowlegs
Lesser Yellowlegs