OHIO-BIRDS Archives

July 2007

From:
Mike Yough <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Yough <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Jul 2007 11:45:27 -0400
Good tip about the ATVs. There was quite a bit of activity there on
Sunday afternoon as well (7/29).

I found the grosbeaks w/o much trouble (i.e. w/in about 45 seconds of
exiting the car). They were associated with a stand of trees behind
Lowe's on the northern most edge of the property (near the pond). I
was there around 5pm.

I didn't observe any Lark Sparrows, but was pinched for time and kept
my observations near the "grosbeak spot."

Good birding to all.

Mike Yough
Glen Echo/Columbus

--
"Prosperity knits a man to the world. He feels he is 'finding his
place in it,' while really it is finding its place in him."

-C.S. Lewis (from The Screwtape Letters)