OHIO-BIRDS Archives

July 2007

From:
Jim McCormac <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim McCormac <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jul 2007 20:49:15 -0400
Hi all,

Enough birders have asked me about this, or already signed up, that I wanted
to share the details here. On July 21st and 22nd, the first Ohio Dragonfly
Conference will be held at Wooster, Ohio. Talks will be given by some of the
state's most knowledgeable experts, including Bob Glotzhober, Dave
McShaffrey, and Larry Rosche. Many of you know of Larry as a birder and
author of the Birds of the Cleveland Region; he is also one of the Midwest's
leading authorities on dragonflies and damselflies and author of Dragonflies
and Damselflies of Northeastern Ohio.

The keynote speaker is Dr. Dennis Paulson. Like Larry, many of us know
Dennis through his ornithological work - he is an outstanding birder and
author of Shorebirds of North America: The Photographic Guide. Dennis is a
world-renowned authority on the Odonata, too, and is at work on a new book
of North American dragonflies.

There will be field trips on Sunday to the vast marshes of nearby Killbuck
and Funk Bottoms wildlife areas, as well as other interesting sites. At this
time of year, there will be scores of dragonflies, as well as some great
birding. For more details, visit: http://www.gmasohio.org/odes.html

Hope to see you there!

Jim McCormac