OHIO-BIRDS Archives

July 2007

From:
Craig Caldwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Craig Caldwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Jul 2007 12:07:10 -0700
Highlights from this morning -

  Pipe Creek SWA (adjacent to Sandusky):
  Tricolored Heron (in northeast-most pool, with ~50 each great blues and great egrets)
  (report is enroute to OBRC)
  Black-crowned Night Herons (at least 5)
  Spotted Sandpipers (3 on the bay side of the dikes, no shorebird habitat to speak of inside)

  Pickerel Creek SWA - there are some mudflats here:
  Semipalmated Plover
  Killdeer
  Short-billed Dowitcher - 20 or so
  Semipalmated Sandpiper
  Great Yellowlegs
  Marsh Wren

  Resthaven SWA:
  Brown Thrasher
  White-eyed Vireo
  Warbling Vireo
  Red-eyed Vireo
  Yellow-breasted Chat

  Medusa Marsh:
  Great Egret - at least 260
  Great Blue Heron - almost 100, the most I've seen in one place in years
  Common Tern
  Marsh Wren

  Cheers,
  Craig Caldwell, Westlake