OHIO-BIRDS Archives

July 2007

From:
Leidy Gabe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Leidy Gabe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Jul 2007 10:18:12 -0700
Hey all -

Henslow's Sparrows have really established a
stronghold at the Coliseum site within the CVNP.  I
had no less than 10 singing males from 11:00-12:30, as
well as a bird carrying food (code CF).  Multiple
males were singing almost constantly, it seemed, and I
had decent looks at several.  This is the most
concentrated I have seen them at this site yet (this
being my first visit this summer).  Interestingly,
Bobolinks were quite sparse...I only had four, and it
past years they have been extremely abundant.  One
BOBO was also carrying food.  Other highlights were
Grasshopper Sparrow (2) and an Orchard Oriole.

Good birding -
Gabe Leidy
Hinckley