OHIO-BIRDS Archives

July 2007

From:
Ken Ostermiller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 1 Jul 2007 16:43:07 -0400
I spent about an hour this morning at Wright Marsh in Wayne County in
the Killbuck Creek Wildlife Area. The water level is either drawn down
or is down because of lack of rain, and should provide shorebird habitat
later this summer.  There were about 100 Killdeer spread widely on the
dry mudflats. There is some water next to the dike on either side, but
the rest of the area is quite dry. There were a half dozen Great Blue
Herons and two Great Egrets there.  If we get some rain this site looks
promising for shorebirds once they begin to migrate.

Ken Ostermiller
Westfield Center
Medina County