OHIO-BIRDS Archives

July 2007

From:
"Laura C. Gooch" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2007 16:37:01 -0400
Julie West and I spent several hours this morning doing breeding bird
survey work in her blocks (41A6NW and 41A6NE). We surveyed the Beachwood
city park in the Shaker Boulevard median west of Richmond Road, the east
end of Horseshoe Lake (Shaker Heights), the Nature Center at Shaker
Lakes grounds (Shaker Heights), and Southerly Park (Shaker Heights).
There were many young birds, but not a lot of evidence for confirmed
breeding. The most surprising thing we saw was a Black and White Warbler
in Southerly Park. Aerobatics from juvenile Red-Tailed Hawks were also
fun, as was the Red Fox (also in Southerly Park).

Lists from all of the areas follow.

Laura Gooch