OHIO-BIRDS Archives

July 2007

From:
Ben Crow <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2007 10:08:38 -0400
I was able to watch one of the kites gliding, sailing and swooping over the golf course for about 15 to 20 minutes on Saturday the 21st around 11:30 am.  The bird then perched in the tallest treetops for a few minutes before disappearing below treeling.  At the same time a second kite soared up into view farther away and proceeded to slowly glide out of sight to the south.

The kitess were seen from Bradford Drive which is just south of the golf course entrance on SR 328, on the right.  The road makes a sharp right and sharp left then runs south along the east side of the golf course.  The kites were visible above and behind the homes that border the course.

They do exist!!!
Ben Crow
Vinton County