OHIO-BIRDS Archives

July 2007

From:
Bill Whan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Whan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2007 11:01:11 -0400
        Just got a call from Troy Shively, who scored a blistering 86 on the
back nine at the Brass Ring course in Hocking County, home to the pair
of Mississippi kites. He saw only one bird, perched near the 15th hole
(this is adjacent to the 4th hole, where he and I saw one or two birds
back on 21 June), but because there were no other golfers playing
through he was able to take ~100 photos through his scope before he
expertly eight-putted the hole. The news here is that birders who golf,
or stop in to buy a cold drink or a meal, are especially welcome. We
still lack confirmation that there is a nest, or that young are present.
Bill Whan
Columbus