OHIO-BIRDS Archives

August 2007

From:
"Angela P." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Angela P.
Date:
Wed, 22 Aug 2007 13:54:24 -0400
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Angela P. <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Aug 22, 2007 1:54 PM
Subject: Re: [Ohio-birds] Mississippi kites?
To: Bill Whan <[log in to unmask]>

Ohh... a bit off topic, but I worked Corpus Christi last year as the site
educator and know a bit about it even though I don't know anything specific
about the Ohio birds, I know these guys are increasing in number up the
Mississippi valley and I have special interest in how far north they have
reached. If I remember correctly, they used to be all the way up into
Wisconsin in the past. I loved these guys, among the first migrators, in
kettles of hundreds, pretty much only the Broadies that come later come in
more spectacular groups. Basically, you just made me think of seeing these
guys sometimes roost at night in the middle of Corpus Christi, I miss it
down there...

Angela Petersen
Columbus