OHIO-BIRDS Archives

August 2007

From:
Joe Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joe Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Aug 2007 18:29:08 -0400
Hi All,

Thank youall for all the good input on this chatline.

I am a new beginner birder and I need all the help I can get.

I have become a Trail Volunteer at Blacklick Metro Park and Friday morning I
tried to at least count the number of bird I saw.

I lost count!!

Hopefully someday I can know more than Robins and Cardinals!!!  Maybe a few
others.  I did see a Redtail Hawk there a couple of weeks ago.

Below is some good news that I am excited about.  I know it is off-subject
but I am excited.

Hopefully soon I also will be able to do birding too.  My wilderness
survival instructor strongly encourages me (as recently as 3 hours ago).

I will be hiking the outer perimeter trails of Blacklick Monday morning fm
630am until about 9am if someone wants to come and teach & accompany me.  I
will park at the Ranger station with my little redbird Miata.

thanx again for all your inputs,

pax, cheers, judojoe

Joe Phillips
Columbus, Ohio