OHIO-BIRDS Archives

August 2007

From:
Andy Sewell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andy Sewell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Aug 2007 12:45:01 -0400
I'll add my observation a couple of weekends ago at the Hoover Reservoir
Boardwalk. I was walking back from the end of the boardwalk and noted that
all the shorebirds were gone. Then I saw a Kestrel fly across the mudflats,
so it's possible the falcon spooked off the birds on an earlier pass while I
was looking through my scope, hoping for a Buff-breasted Sandpiper to pop
out of the Killdeer in the grassy parts of the mudflats (almost needless to
say, I did not have any luck).

Andrew R. Sewell, MS, RPA
Principal Investigator
Historical/Industrial Archaeology