OHIO-BIRDS Archives

August 2007

From:
Ethan Kistler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ethan Kistler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Aug 2007 19:38:25 -0700
Hi again,

  I recieved an email from Mark Vass saying that a Pa. birder had a Baird's Sandpiper at Mosquito Creek WA.

  Ethan Kistler
  Newton Falls, Ohio

Ethan Kistler <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  Hi all,

Brad Wilkinson, Phil Chaon and I birded Conneaut, Mosquito Lake, and West Branch State Park today. Phil arrived at Conneaut before us and had 3 Willets and a Little Gull. After that, Conneaut was pretty slow with the usual Least, Semipalmated, and Spotted Sandpipers, Black-bellied, and Semipalmated Plovers, Lesser Yellowlegs and a Sanderling. Besides shorebirds we also had a Greater Scaup, 3 species of terns and a banded Peregrine Falcon.

Mosquito Creek WA (Hoagland Blackstub Rd.) had a greater number of shorebirds including 2 Marbled Godwits, both yellowlegs, Semipalmated Plovers, Spotted, Least, Semipalmated, and Pectoral Sandpipers and a Short-billed Dowitcher.

West Branch State Park received too much rain last night and only had a few Killdeer, Least Sandpipers, Semipalmated Plovers, and a Pectoral Sandpiper.

Ethan Kistler
Newton Falls, Ohio