OHIO-BIRDS Archives

August 2007

From:
Cheryl and Les <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cheryl and Les <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Aug 2007 18:43:32 -0400
Hi All,

We were heading up to Delaware State Park Sunday around 11:45 pm to check
out the Perseid Meteor Shower.  When leaving our house (located in Lantern
Chase Development, west side of Delaware behind Kroger Plaza), we were
shocked to see something fly between the houses.  We went across the street
to see a Great Horned Owl perched on the apex of a house.  We followed the
owl around the neighborhood with our binoculars as he would perch on other
houses.  I half expected a police car to pull up as we were standing in
front of various houses looking in our binoculars above bedroom windows!  It
was quite the site.  I constantly hike the woods looking to spot my first
owl, and all I had to do was to walk out my front door!  He was awesome!