OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2007

From:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Sep 2007 19:05:57 -0700
I went to Sheldon Marsh this morning around 8:30 to 10:45am.  While I was their earlier than when I went last week bird activity seemed slower today from the parking lot towards the woods on the road by the golf course.  Halfway out I passed Ethan Kistler who was leaving and he let me know there was a bit of a fallout up near the tip.  Luckily I was able to find more birds up there.  While I couldn't find great numbers I was able to find 11 warblers species:

  Nashville 1
  Chestnut-sided 3
  Magnolia  4
  Cape May  2
  Yellow-rumped  3 (first I have seen)
  Black-throated Green 1
  Bay-breasted 3
  Blackpoll  5
  Black-and-white 1
  American Redstart  3 (1 adult male)
  Common Yellowthroat 2

  Spotted Sandpipers 2
  Philadelphia Vireo 1
  Red-eyed Vireos 4 or 5
  Blue Jays - many
  Carolina Wrens 4 or 5
  Swainson's Thrush  4
  White-throated Sparrows  5 (first I have seen)
  Tufted Titmouse 2
  Green Heron

  Also, at Cedar Point Chaussee there were Peregrine Falcons scaring up the birds and one landed above me on a light pole eating it's catch (great picture) Thanks Chris Spagnoli for all your help and Craig Holt for help finding all the birds.  The shorebirds seemed to come closer to the road later in the afternoon.

  Nancy Anderson
  Richmond Hts, OH
  http://www.flickr.com/photos/nancy_a/