OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2007

From:
Joe Hammond <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joe Hammond <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Sep 2007 20:49:25 -0700
Greetings,

  Don Burton and I traveled down to Logan Co. this afternoon (9/2/07) and were rewarded with looks at two different Mississippi Kites. One had the missing flight feathers mentioned by Jim McCormac and the other was fully feathered. They were out at quite a distance in a bright sky so plumage details were not discernable (in other words, I don't know if the other bird was the juvenile or the other adult).

  We also ran up to the boardwalk at Hoover Reservoir and were able to relocate the 2 Buff-breasted Sandpipers reported earlier by Doreene Linzell and Gretchen Fluke. A Baird's Sandpiper put on a nice show as well. At one point we had a buff-breasted, a Baird's, and a least all in the same scope view!

  Good birding,

Joe Hammond
  Columbus, OH