OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2007

Date:
Wed, 5 Sep 2007 21:34:40 EDT
The mudflats at the Hoover Nature Preserve have recorded the following
shorebirds and additional good species so far this migration. The areas included
in compiling the list are (1) the Boardwalk at Area M,  (2) the mudflats at
Area N and along the Big Walnut Creek, (3) Wiese Road, (4) Oxbow Road, (5) the
Dustin Road cove and along Little Walnut Creek, (6) the north east shore
mudflats from the Eastshore Yacht Club north to Big Walnut Creek [this includes
the area near Pelican Island], (7) the mudflats north of Twin Bridges, (8) the
mudflats north of Big Walnut Road at Mudhen Marsh, (9) Hoover Meadows, and
(10)  sand spits along the west shore. The list is a compilation of my
observations  and observations by other experienced birders that have been reported to
me.

SHOREBIRDS:
Black-bellied Plover
American  Golden-Plover