OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2007

From:
Craig Holt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Craig Holt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Sep 2007 18:54:37 -0700
Greetings---I stayed at Conneaut most of the day today 9/8.  To add to Gabe's post:  Black-bellied Plovers totaled 9, 2 Red Knots spent the afternoon, Baird's sandpipers totaled 7, sanderlings numbered 50+.  Also had:  Am. Black Duck, both teals, 2 Black-crowned Night-herons, green heron, 3 Bald Eagles, 3 spp. of terns, purple martins.  Heard what sounded like warblers calling as they flew over just before dawn.  But none seemed to put down in the harbor.  Gull numbers were pretty good for September, but only the usual 4 spp. were present.    Later, Craig