OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2007

From:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Sep 2007 13:58:57 -0700
I was at Wildwood Park on the east side of Cleveland this morning from 8:30 to 11:30am.  There was a heavy downpour the first hour but after wards there were some warblers that could be seen coming through.  Most of the warblers were in the woods north of the field (east end) and also in the woods east of the road south of the bridge.  Here are some of my sightings:

  Cooper's Hawk 1
  Caspian Tern 1 on beach
  Chimney Swifts - many
  Warbling & Red-eye Vireos
  Red-breasted Nuthatch 2 or 3 in Villa Angela tall pines after rain let up
  Swainson's Thrush 12 or so

  Warblers**
  Chestnut-sided 2 (m&f) near bridge, first I have seen
  Magnolia 1
  Black-throated Green 1 m
  Blackpoll 5
  Black-and-White 1 near bridge
  American Redstart 2
  Wilson's 2
  (The Chickadees were helping today)

  Then I went to Sims Park in Euclid from 11:45 to 1pm.  Most of the few birds seen were at the eastern end of the main woods near the round turn around parking area or west of playground area and in trees south of the old mansion. Here are some of the birds seen:

  Swainson's Thrush 5
  Warblers:
  Nashville 1
  Black-throated Blue 1 or 2 males