OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2007

From:
Karl Overman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karl Overman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2007 11:56:30 -0700
On September 9th I saw an Olive-sided Flycatcher at Ottawa Refuge.
How I came to see this was at least as interesting as the bird
itself. I was part of a group of people at a fundraising dinner for
the Ottawa National Wildlife  Refuge Association being held in a room
at the new refuge visitor center.  Jon Dunn had graciously agreed to
be the speaker at the fundraiser.  So as we are all chowing down on
chicken, Jon looks up from his plate and casually mentions that there
was an Olive-sided Flycatcher in the tree line  visible out the
window. Unlike myself and most of the other participants, Jon had his
bins with him which he shared with the crowd that quickly assembled
at the window to see this uncommon migrant in the state.

Karl Overman
Farmington Hills, Mi.