OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2007

From:
Tracy Morman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tracy Morman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2007 13:39:42 -0400
Add me to the list. I also had a Red-Breasted Nuthatch for the first time
at my feeders in Meigs Co. It has been a regular since Satuday morning.

Years ago, I had them almost every winter at my feeders in Nelsonville,
OH. The yard then was all planted in pines and spruces, so I'm sure that
helped lure them (and plenty of pine siskins) to the spot.

On Sunday, I heard a Hooded Warbler singing several times. I have also
heard a Whip-poor-will a couple of times the past week singing briefly
just at dusk.

Tracy Morman
Scipio Township, Meigs Co.